Watch Daniel Johns Records New Song “Atlas” For Qantas




Unknown | July 19, 2012 - 9:28 pm
Former Silverchair frontman Daniel Johns has used his “indefinite hibernation” from Silverchair to create the soundtrack for the Australia airways, Qantas, for their Olympic advertising campaign in collaboration with the Australian Chamber Orchestra (ACO). The new song “Atlas” recorded with the ACO, Johns said he wanted to create a piece of music that represented Australia.  “I never had a brief before,” Johns says. “When Qantas first approached me, I agreed to the project as I was really into the idea of creating a piece of music that represented Australia. I wanted it to sound big, something special. It was a conscious effort to create a good piece of music and not just a jingle. I’ve also wanted to work with the ACO for a long time now so it was great to finally be able to do that. I’m really happy with how the song turned out.” Watch “Atlas” video below.



The original soundtrack, “I Still Call Australia Home”, written by Australian singer-songwriter Peter Allen in 1980, will still be used for special events, however Atlas will be taking the forefront in this year's Olympics campaign.


Tags: , ,

Leave A Comment