Bassist Greg Richling Quits The Wallflowers




Unknown | September 09, 2013 - 4:28 am

The Wallflowers having a farewell moment for their bassist Greg Richling who quits the band after 20 years since joining the band through a statement posted by him on the band Facebook page. Joining the band in 1993, Richling was an old friend and schoolmate of the band frontman/singer Bob Dylan, who introduced him to the band, replacing their original player Barrie Maguire. Though Richling wasn't on the first record, he played on the first tour, making him a member of the original lineup. Read the Richling message below:

Hi, Greg here. I wanted to personally bring you the news that I've decided to move on from the band. It's been an incredible 20 years and I have only gratitude and appreciation for everything we've accomplished together.
I joined this group at age 22. I'm now 43. It's been a great ride. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would experience all of this. There are way too many highlights to list. But, it's time for me to pursue other interests and spend more time with my family. This is not a flip decision.
I've thought about it for a long time.
I assure you that I'm leaving on great terms with Jakob and the rest of the guys. They understand where I'm at. There is absolutely no weirdness.
I have enjoyed meeting all of you through the years. What an awesome, classy fan base you are!
Thank you for all the support through the years!
Lastly, thanks to our great crew, management, friends, family, and all Wallflowers past and present for this wonderful experience. Man, we've had some times!
I can even confirm the recent return of Mario Calire to the band.
So, here's to many more great times ahead for us all.
Take care and be good to each other.
Cheers!

Greg

The band latest record was Glad All Over released last year via Columbia. Buy on iTunes/Amazon


Tags: , ,

Leave A Comment